Saturday, January 09, 2010

Saturday, 9 January 2010


At the grand age of 15 months, didi lucas surprises us every day, with his antics.

Speech
He is getting very vocal, some of his fave words include "more" (learnt from baby signing times), "Oh oh" (learnt from the story, we are going on a bear hunt", "mouse" (learnt from the story, good night moon), "jie jie nat nat" (rarely heard, but rumoured to have said it once or twice), "apple" (can say this clearly) and "ball" (learnt from http://www.starfall.com/).


Understanding
He can totally understand tones. Just this afternoon, he was throwing a screaming tantrum at the restaurant. I gave him a stern voice and told him to stop. Thereafter, he immediately stopped and pretended to look away. However, he kept rolling his eyes back to glance at me, just to see if I was still angry. That moment was priceless, and I just wish that I could have captured it on video.

He has a naturally sharing nature. Even when he is indulging in his favourite biscuit, he will willingly share it with you, if you approach him with your lean and hungry look.

His most feared creature is the "dinosaur", again, seen from http://www.starfall.com/, which I have recently been showing the kids. As I run through the alphabets, once I reach D, before the dinosaur even appears on screen, he will quickly hide his face in my chest.

Tantrums
Sigh, just like his sis, he is one fiesty baby. At 1am in the night, when he is seeking milk, you had best jump out of bed and run to the kitchen as fast as your little legs can carry you. His loud crying is enough to wake up daddy, who sometimes carries and soothes him while I make the milk (rare though, most times you will find a pillow covering his ears instead).

Fave games
Top of the list is definitely hide and seek. He loves to hide behind the towel rack and remains very silent. When you peek over the rack to find him, he screams excitedly.

Flash cards, just like nat. When I take out my stack of cards and announce that it's card time, both nat and didi will stop whatever they are doing and sit patiently in front of me for flashcards time. I usually end up flashing the cards twice, once for nat and once for didi. Nat is so familiar with the cards as she has been through it many times, sigh, looks like I got to wipe the dust off my printer and make some more.

Fave person
Definitely his sister. While increasingly, they are starting to fight over toys, with didi lucas standing his ground and winning some of the fights, you can see the adoring look in his eyes when his sister plays with him. Recently, nat has also begun to read some of her fave books to him. Most days, you can see him chasing her around the house or just following her, as she dances to the catchy songs on TV. What a pair the two of them make!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive