Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday, 11 September 2008

Here's baby Isaac's birth story:

Our darling Isaac was born on 9 September 2008. On Monday, I had gone to my doc for my regular check-up. Was getting mighty irritated as there wasn't any sign that baby was coming. At the clinic, got hooked up to the CTG monitor to check on baby's heartbeat and contractions, but it seemed rather unlikely that Isaac was ready.

Surprisingly, when doc did a check, she said I was already 3cm dilated. Goody, finally some action. She said that we could wait and let baby decide when he wanted to come out or I could just pick a day and she would break the water bag and induce baby to come out. Of course, i chose the latter. Was getting quite uncomfortable and grumpy already.

So, we chose to have the baby induced that evening. It was quite stress-free as we made our way to the hospital after dinner. My doc dropped by at about 8pm, broke the water bag and got the action kickstarted. As usual, I asked for epidural very early on.

This time round, the epidural seemed very strong and I drifted in and out of sleep. Din feel much pain anyway due to the epidural. Before I knew it, I was already 9cm dilated. This time round, I had some difficulty pushing the baby out, could be due to the numbness from the epidural or the fact that Issac is almost 500g heavier than his sister. Anyway, I huffed and I puffed till my face turned red and he was still not out. Doc decided to use a vacumn to assist me as baby's heartbeat was showing some distress. A good move, as I was getting tired and I seriously doubt I could have continued pushing him out on my own. With the vacumn, Isaac came out in 1 or 2 pushes.

Seeing Isaac in my arms, hearing his first cry and having gary there to support me through both Nat and Isaac's births ... these are truly blessings in life that I am forever grateful for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats my dear friend! I still find it amazing to think of you as a mum, let alone a blessed mum of two now :)
May God bless baby Isaac with joy as he grows up and may he also bring plentiful of laughter to your family - as his name means 'he laughs' :D

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive