Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday, 21 September 2008

Good friends are people you may not meet often but who keep you in their hearts always. And hermity as I am, I am glad to have a handful of good friends around me. It's especially heartwarming, after the birth of both nat and lucas, when my frens drop by to visit, chit chat and shower the kiddos with gifts. Another friend even got her mum to make some nice yummy soup especially for me. These are really nice gestures that make me feel really happy. While the first month after delivery is usually an emotional time for me, especially on days when I feel very tired and fatigued, surprises like this diaper cake from my good friends usually help lift up my spirits a lot.


Another person that is close to me and deserves a special thanks is gary, of course. After all, he put up with 9 months of emotional highs and lows from me and let me assure you, that's a real feat. In fact, during the actual delivery, his being there and supporting me really helped make the birth process easier. His holding my hand while the doc was administering the epidural, his falling asleep at the lounge chair while waiting for contractions to set in, his witnessing the birth of baby nat and lucas (and confidently cutting the umbilical cord for lucas ... it took 3 tries for nat), his encouragement for me to push (although I was really too numb from the epidural to feel anything), his excitement in taking the pics of both nat and lucas after their births with his stylo-milo SLR camera, these are memories that both of us will remember and treasure for a long time to come. I'm documenting this down in the blog though, just in case both of us get senile.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive