Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, 30 October 2009

I am glad the kids are getting better. Yesterday, nat had diarrohoea and had to visit the loo quite a number of times. My little clean girl cannot bear being dirty and even if her diaper is just slightly stained, she will want to be washed and cleaned. After so many rounds of visiting the loo, we have established a routine. She will sit on her potty, ask for her Archie comic, close the door and chase me out. Occasionally, I get a chance to discuss the stories in the Archie comic with her, during these times, I will introduce to her the characters like Archie, Jughead, Veronica etc. Haha, looks like I got to move my whole Archie collection from my mum's place back home soon. When she is done, she will head towards the shower area and stick out her baby butt to be washed.

Today, I got her to do a bit of alphabet writing. Since she is quite familiar with all the letters of the alphabet already, I thought that it is a good time to get her to sit down to do some writing. One thing I noticed that is at this age, they still do not have good control of the pencil yet. So the alphabets come out looking quite scrawly. The other issue is that concentration is limited, so keep it short, about 10 min. Lastly, lots of motivation and praise does wonders. I was glad that at the end of 10 min, she was able to follow the tracing and scrawl out a few nice looking 'A's on her own.

She is also obsessed with owning a tutu, you know the little puffed up skirt that ballerinas wear. She saw one of the characters wearing it on television, dancing gracefully around on screen and whenever this segment plays, she will ask me where is her tutu.

Didi lucas is really a good boy. These few days, he has been a great sport and when we are busy tending to jiejie, he plays by himself in the cot, only protesting occasionally. Slowly but surely, he is picking up some words like ''berd' (bird) , "ba ba black" (ba ba black sheep) , "cat", "dog", "nana" (banana), "mummy", sometimes "daddy". I have also started doing flash cards with him, like I have done for nat. His favourite game is hide and seek and his favourite activity is playing his drums set.

My two babies love dancing. The Wiggles concert DVD never fails to get them up on their feet and dancing away. There is one segment in particular, where the little boys and girls are dancing onscreen and nat will seek for gary, wherever he may be in the house, and she says to him, "Daddy, dance with me!" I know that gary is secretly pleased and told him to enjoy this feeling, after all daddies and their little girls will always have a special bond between them.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive