Thursday, March 04, 2010

Thursday, 4 March 2010


Nat had her first trial baby ballet class yesterday, and she loved it. I think it's every little girl's dream to wear a pretty ballet tutu and dance, yup, even me who was a tomboy! I did ballet for a few months in primary school and kind of enjoyed the whole experience, especially the dressing-up and the tippy toe ballet shoes and stretchy leotards. Then, as I got tubbier, I decided I didn't look good in the leotards and gave up! Anyway, back to nat, she enjoyed herself in class. I was observing her and she seemed very focused on what the teacher was saying. What I liked about the class was that it did not seem to be a "run around and have free play" kind of class. The teacher was actually teaching them some basic ballet exercises, in a fun manner, with nice music accompaniment. Nat was thrilled with the tutu skirt the little girls in her class were wearing and kept trying to tug at their skirts, haha, causing some irritation. I surely ain't grooming my baby girl to dance a Swan Lake recital, but I do hope that the ballet classes will help instil some grace and grooming in her. Stay tuned next week, when she attends the lesson proper, with her leotard and tutu skirt. She can't wait, and neither can I.


One of my greatest joy these days, is watching nat at the playground with her friends from pre-school. She is quite comfortable with school these days, and does not make a fuss even if she knows I am there. During didi's swim class, we no longer have to hide from her, which we used to, when she first started school. If she happens to catch my eye, she will even wave to me. Sometimes I see her climbing up the slide/ playground structure and I am so tempted to yell for her to come down. I always manage to stop myself, after all, I can't be there to watch out for her all the time, and I am sure the teachers will help keep an eye on her.


As for didi Lucas, he is fast reaching 18 months, and starting to speak more coherently. He has even picked up some chinese words, after listening to me teach nat. He is better able to express himself and is such a joy to be with (when he is not throwing a tantrum). At night, after his midnight feed, he loves to nuzzle close to mummy and fall asleep. I was just telling gary, this stage passes, oh so fast, so one should really treasure it.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive