Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Today, nat, didi and me watched a new cartoon, Ponyo on the Cliff By the Sea. I had heard a lot about it, and had caught some parts of the music soundtrack, and had been meaning to watch it, just to see what's the big fuss about. After watching it, I decided it's like a cute version of the Little Mermaid. Basically Ponyo is this little fish that befriends a little boy and decides she wants to be human. As the soundtrack played and little Ponyo and the little boy ran circles round the screen, my 2 kids were totally transfixed. I think I've watched the soundtrack trailer like 10 times today.

What I found interesting though, was that during certain segments of the story, when Ponyo's father (a character who looks kind of fierce, with dishevelled hair) tries to "capture" her, nat gets really upset and cries uncontrollably. She tells me to stop the scary uncle from hurting Ponyo. When I tell her let's switch off the TV since it makes her upset, she refuses. It's interesting that at such a young age, they can "feel" for others and get worried when others get hurt.

My darling little man is fast reaching his 1-year old birthday. Time seems to have just flown by. Even his sleeping habits have changed. He does not like to sleep in the cot anymore. He sleeps through the night when he is on the bed with gary and me. I kind of like it though, the closeness to him, waking up in the night and seeing him sleeping so sweetly. Train him to be independent, you might say, but I think for now, I'll still like to keep my little man at my side.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive