Saturday, August 01, 2009

Saturday, 1 August 2009

Sometimes, your kids' smallest achievements make you burst with pride. This is how I felt yesterday, during nat's first "unaccompanied" swimming class. The coach had mentioned to me that she was ready to join this class. At first, I was a bit apprehensive as she can't really swim on her own, without me holding her. However, my worries were unfounded, and she had a whale of a time (no pun intended) haha!

The class is very small, only nat and 2 other little boys. All 3 kids were very eager and excited. I liked it that the coach used different methods to interest the kids, teaching them the correct swimming strokes and breathing techniques along the way.

My distracted baby girl seemed particularly fond of the little boy sitting beside her in class, and kept wanting to hold his hands. On his part, he was totally uninterested and more focused on waiting for his turn to swim. It was fun watching her.

I am now convinced about the merits of having kids learn swimming early, and will probably start Lucas on it pretty soon.



After swimming, we went to ION Orchard to meet gary. Too crowded, left after a while. Will probably check it out some time later, when it is not so crowded! Nat was intrigued by these colourful sculptures located just outside the mall.



No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive