Sunday, July 05, 2009

Sunday, 5 July 2009

With 2 kids needing my attention, I realise that a lot of things slip my mind these days. To remedy this, I've got myself a little yellow notebook, to jot down stuff, things to do, kid's appointments, playdates, important numbers etc. Let's hope it helps.

It's been a great weekend for the kids. They absolutely adore their new playroom. Nat often invites mummy to her playroom and the kids can stay inside for hours. I should have done this a long time ago. Yet to take a nice pic of it though, so stay tuned.

Yesterday, I was just sitting down looking at the kids play and thinking that time seems to have just flown right by. Nat is a sweet little girl. Slowly, she seems to be moving out of the terrible twos phase. Although still spoilt at times, I realise now that the key to managing her is by having a fine balance between reasoning and discipline. Most times, reasoning helps. When she does something naughty, I make her stop whatever she is doing, ask her to look at me, tell her what is wrong, and make her repeat after me that she will not do it again. Sometimes, when this doesn't work though, a little spank may just do the trick.

This weekend, there was a toy sale at Forum Galleria, and nat finally got her very own big girl doll house. She is absolutely thrilled with it. She has reached this stage, where she loves to role play. She will take the little toy dolls out of the house, make them talk to one another, cook, sleep, open and close the door for visitors. I had been holding back this purchase for a while, as I thought that she was too young and would probably lose all the bits and pieces in the doll house. But looks like now is a good time, anywayz, a doll house is a toy all little girls will definitely love.

One of nat's favourite activities is also role playing with nemo, her soft toy clown fish. She would use the towel to wrap up nemo, saying it was cold and she would even clean nemo's poo poo. It's fun watching her, as she lets her imagination run wild. Nat is a very loving and affectionate child. Some days, she will just come up to mummy and say I love you mummy. That's when your heart melts :) these days she even hugs didi and tells him how much she loves him. Didi lucas, who idolises his sis smiles and chuckles when his jiejie tries to kiss him.

Another of nat's favourite activity is singing. These days, she picks up anything and everything and uses it as a mic to sing. We bought her a toy microphone, and she carries it around, singing her favourite song (which seem like a mixture of a few nursery rhymes all meshed together).

As nat is now familiar with the alphabets, I've been trying to teach her blends to form simple words like cat, bat. She seemed bored when we first started, but after a few times, her interest seems to have picked up. Anyway, my feel is that I'll continue teaching her new stuff as long as she enjoys it. If she doesn't, I'll stop. What matters is for my baby to be happy while learning.

As for didi lucas, he is growing up to be a real sweetheart. Whenever I see him, he flashes his gentle loving smile at mummy, and one just can't help but want to carry him. He can say some words (not too clearly, though), like mumm mumm (asking for food), nat nat (when jie jie irritates him) and mama. When he is excited, he makes a "growling" sound, like a little baby cub, something which nat never did. I was just telling gary that it's nice to have a girl and a boy, and to experience the joys of bringing up both genders. Didi's teeth is sprouting up quite nicely, his bottom two have already emerged, while the top two can already be seen.

Nat is now 12.3kg and lucas is 9.3 kg. Didi is quickly catching up with jiejie already in terms of weight. I never thought of myself as the maternal kind, but I am really enjoying being a mum to my 2 babies :) This blog allows me to keep the memories and happiness that I experience with my kids fresh in my minds, now and always.




No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive