Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday, 23 October 2008

Recently, nat has picked up a bad habit ... partly our fault. She must have heard us using the word "stupid" and it is now part of her vocabulary. I think it is kind of a rude word for a little toddler to be using and I have been trying to "educate" her, without much success. The thing is that she understands that the word "stupid" has negative connotations, because after i scold her for using that word, she will ask me "no stupid?" in an innocent tone. A bit frustrating, wonder if I should just leave it, and hope that she grows out of this or continue being stern and disciplining her whenever she says the word.

I can't remember if I mentioned previously before, but breastfeeding seems to be easier this time round with lucas and over the past 1.5 months, I have managed to stored up quite a substantial amount of frozen breastmilk. Recently, I decided to thaw some of the earlier frozen breastmilk for didi to drink. Just before I gave the milk to didi, I gave it a little sniff and it smelt horrible! It was a mixture of a metallic, fishy smell. Gary and I did a quick check on the net and realised that this is quite normal. Seems that this has something to do with some kind of enzyme in the milk which causes the milk to change slightly after being frozen. However, the nutritional value is said to be still present. I think that henceforth though, I will try to implement a Just-In-Time system, i.e pump as he feeds so that Lukie never has to drink breastmilk that is more than 3 days old, which means there is no need for freezing of the breastmilk. However, I don't think I will throw out my current batch of frozen breastmilk just yet, keep it in case of emergencies (like if I am out gallivanting too long and we run out of fresh breastmilk). Sigh ... and I thought I could feed him frozen breastmilk for a long long time ... well ... sometimes things don't really turn out as planned. Nevertheless, I still firmly believe that breast is still best for my kids!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive