Thursday, October 23, 2008

Daddy Update: Natalie and Lucas are now 21 and 1.5 months old respectively, and for all my gripes about the administrative tedium of childcare, the joys far outweigh the duties. It is fascinating to watch Nat at this stage of development (18-24 months) – her intellect and vocabulary are expanding much faster than I’d anticipated, and every day brings new surprises. From stringing words together to form simple sentences, to developing the motor dexterity to drink juice from a cup without upending its contents, to swimming unassisted (with floats) – it is amazing how quickly kids progress from a state of total dependence to one of semi-independence. Lucas has also become a big boy, more than doubling in weight from birth, with a seemingly insatiable appetite. He is boisterous, insistent and will (to put it mildly) take the trouble to make his wishes known. He has also grown much better-looking. A friend mentioned that I was taking being a father of 2 well in my stride; I think it’s the other way round, that the kids grow on me as they grow up. I hope I grow on them too.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive