Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday, 13 April 2011 The joy of being a milkmaid. I am blessed to have "the perfect boobs for breastfeeding", as declared by one lactation consultant who sailed in early one morning after I had just delivered Sam. At that moment, I thought she was just making polite conversation. But now I totally agree, I have become a milkmaid. I pump and breastfeed at all times of the day. I empty my breasts and 2 hours later, it's hard as a rock again. In one night, I can pump about 1litre of breastmilk. I even have a chest freezer just to store my bags and bags of breastmilk. Being near Sam makes me have a letdown reflex and I have stocked up on boxes and boxes of disposable breastpads. Poor baby even gets milk sprayed on her when she is latching, so I have taken to pumping some milk out first before letting her latch directly. I must say, breastfeeding is definitely easier for me this third time round (although it didn't start off too well in the beginning, when Sam gnawed on my breasts just a bit too violently and Gary was totally scandalised by the bloody breastmilk that resulted). Let's hope I can persist and go all the way to breastfeed Sam for at least 6 months to 1 year. Wish me luck!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive