Friday, April 22, 2011

As we settle into the routine of life at home with 3 kids, I realise that life is really not the same anymore. In the past, Gary and I used to take off for a couple dinner on Fridays. We can no longer do that as we cannot leave 3 kids alone with our maid. Same applies during the weekend. If we do want to go our on our own, we have to pack up the whole brood and leave them at my mum's place.



This week, I accompanied Lucas on his school excursion to Jacob Ballas. It was nice spending some one-on-one with with my little boy. We had a good time strolling around the park and I was pleased to be able to see Lucas interacting with his classmates. He has certainly changed, since the first few days of school when he just clung on to me. Now, he is totally comfy with his teachers in class and loves to draw and sing.

The next day, I wanted to spend some one-on-one time with Nat as well, so baby girl and I made a trip to Vivocity. We walked around, looked at toys and books, and had a leisurely lunch. After she nibbled a few bites of lunch, she scurried off to the boardwalk near the cafe to explore. In the past, I would not have allowed Nat to be away from me even for a few feet, but I knew that as she got older, I would have to learn to trust her more and let go. So, we made some ground rules, she could explore as long as she did not go near the railing beside the boardwalk (to prevent people from falling into the sea). A few times, she looked like she was attempting to go there and nearly gave me a heart attack haha but each time she looked back at me, gave a little wave and remembered what she promised me. Basking in my full attention, Nat certainly behaved better and was happily skipping all over the place.

Once a week, I will try to spend a morning or afternoon with one of the older kids. This allows for more quality interaction with each one of them.

 

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive