Saturday, May 08, 2010

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Nat has the dreaded chicken pox, so we have all been stuck at home this week. Here's a list of how we have managed to entertain ourselves:

1. DVDs
Dora and Little Einstein are staples. I have seen some of the episodes so many times that I can even memorise what happens next. I have also picked up some Spanish, since Dora speaks a mix of Spanish and English.

2. Mandarin and English
I spent about 30 minutes each day doing Mandarin lessons with Nat. She is rather receptive, surprisingly. So far, we have covered the Mandarin strokes heng2, shu4, pie3, na4, dian3. We have also learnt da4 xi1 gua1 , da4 xiang4 and xiao3 cao3 mei2 and xiao3 lao2 shu3. We have progressed slowly but surely in our san1 zi4 jing1. Overall, it's been quite a success. For didi lucas, I have re-organised my flashcards collection and am running through the various flashcards with him on a daily basis.

3. Painting

From painting on paper, we have gone on to painting the balcony floor and even painting the leaves on my precious plants. All for the sake of exploration and creativity.

4. Reading
I have recently discovered these phonics readers from Scholastic and bought the Dora range. The stories are short, colourful and interesting. Give it a try, nat and lucas both love for me to read it to them and we can go through quite a few books at one go. Thereafter, they will take the book from me and pretend to read it on their own.

5. Treasure Hunt

On cold rainy days, when the living room is dark, nat snooped around and found 2 torchlights. My 2 babies became explorers, hunting for hidden treasure. I had a blast watching them. When I tried to switch on the light, nat firmly told me that they were on a mission, and please could I not disturb them.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive