Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday, 25 March 2009

It's interesting how your voabulary expands when you become a mum. One new word I learnt recently is babywearing. As far as I can remember, I have been a babywearer ever since nat was born. My very first babywearing tool is my trusty o'le Baby Bjorn sling. I have always had a fear of pushing strollers up and down escalators, so when gary is not with me, the sling is my only alternative. And it's been a great one. Nat loves it, she feels ever so secure in it and it gives her the flexibility and height to look all around. Sometimes she even falls asleep in it. When didi lucas came along, he adapted quickly to the bjorn as well. Sadly, the bjorn can take only up to 12kg and nat is fast reaching that weight. Therefore, I decided to buy another sling, I love it. It is called the Scootababy. Unlike the bjorn, the baby is placed in a very natural side position (similar to how you would carry baby without a sling). I feel less strain on my back and can actually carry nat and lucas for a long long time. Most importantly, I love the feeling of baby so close to me, kissing the top of their heads and smelling their wonderful baby smell.

Then of course, there is the perennial problem of staying on my job or quitting that always gets me moody. Some days, it feels so right and so logical to quit and stay home with the kids, especially when I increasingly feel that I am not spending enough time with didi lucas. He is such a dear sweet boy, who is always ready to shower mummy with a loving smile. Then, there are other days when I feel that having an independent income is important, especially when I love buying little knick knacks for my kids. With my maternity leave scheduled to finish in June, I know that this issue will constantly surface in my mind and affect my mood. Sigh ... well, life goes on.

Finally, I've been thinking of the kids' sleeping arrangements. After my breastfeeding days ended, both kids now sleep with my maid. But i do not think this is something I want to do long term. Should I have both kids sleep with us? Or just lucas? Or just nat? Decisions ... decisions ... no wonder I have been super grumpy and moody lately.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive