Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday, 14 March 2009

Yesterday was the last lesson of Julia Gabriel for the term. Finally, nat seems to have settled down. Although, she still cries during the story segment, she is enjoying herself more. She is friendlier to the teachers and even allows them to hug her. See ... patience does pay off after all.

Last week, poor nat was having a bout of bad rashes. I really have no idea what it could have been caused by, sublock? her organic body wash that I changed recently? food? chlorine from the swimming pool? Anything ... Brought her to Dr Terence for a check and some medicine and luckily she has since recovered. Those few days though, she was scratching and scratching from head to toe, poor thing.

Didi lucas is now officially 6 months old and how my little man has grown. Flipping from front to back is no problem, often you will find him sitting up quietly when he is awake, just amusing himself. In fact, in the past few days, he has been pulling himself to a standing position in the playpen. When he succeeds, he gives everyone around a smug and satisfied smile. Somehow, I always feel a warm sense of pride when I see my little man standing tall. I often look at the kids and wonder how they will be as young adults ... hmm ... makes me sound very old doesn't it?

The kids also seem to be able to interact and play together better. I am quite surprised that nat is actually quite gentle with didi. When he tries to pull her hair or touch her, she will just tell him "don't touch me" or "help, don't pull my hair". I realise that some form of discipline has helped to curb nat's terrible twos phase. As compared to a few months ago, I think she is more well behaved now, well, not exactly your textbook toddler but it doesn't really matter. I have also implemented the "naughty chair" system and when she is really misbehaving, she goes onto the naughty chair and faces the wall for a minute or two. Usually, that is enough to make her remorseful for the misbehaviour.


No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive