Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday, 31 March 2009

These days, nat's favourite word is MINE! my book, my blanket, my everything ... and if didi lucas should just glance at it, she gets really upset and starts screaming. She is also starting to display signs of jealousy. When we pay attention to lucas, like singing to him or talking to him, she comes over and starts screaming. When you ignore her, she raises her hand to hit you. Initially, when she did that, I got really angry with her and smacked her hand. However, after a few times, I realised smacking was really not the solution. I conclude that the root of the problem is that she is only just experiencing the jealousy emotion (previously, we really didn't pay all that much attention to didi lucas when he was just a newborn baby) and she is frustrated because she does not know how to deal with it. I read an article somewhere that advised that in such cases, one just has to ride it out. Be patient, praise her when she does share or displays good behaviour. Be stern and emphasise your point when she is naughty. I'll try ... although sometimes it is hard to control your impatience or anger. Oh well ...

I found this book, titled Will Sheila Share? by Elivia Savadiar in the library recently and have been reading it to nat. Although it hasn't really improved her " sharing " ability, at least she kind of understands the concept of sharing now. In fact, sometimes she goes to didi lucas and shares her pearls of wisdom, telling him "didi, you must share, ok? good boy!"

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive