Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Following a recommendation from another mummy, I brought Nat to the National Museum. They are having a children's exhibition. My impressions of a museum have changed. It used to be a serious place, where kids are not allowed to shout, run and basically be themselves. However, the children's exhibits at the museum were definitely interactive and nat had a great time running around, touching, exploring and basically enjoying herself. I guess this is what they mean by learning through play. One does not really have to sit down, read a book to learn new skills and knowledge.

Nat's first stop was at a magnetic board, where there were magnets stuck onto bowls, saucers, spoons and other types of cutlery. She enjoyed pulling them off the board and sticking them right back again. And to me, the beauty of it was that I could just sit there and observe her having fun. Our next stop was at an interactive playground, where she played with these hanging metallic pots and pans. Basically, the kids were encouraged to hit the pots and pans with a stick and hear the different sounds they emitted. When she was tired, she adjourned to the corner for a scribbling and scrawling session. What I liked was that they even had some young people on duty there who entertained the kids and taught them how to draw.

I'm glad I decided to bring nat there today. Although sometimes people wonder why I bother to lug nat all over the place alone, it is something that I do not regret. Whether it is to nurture that bonding between us or to see that bright smile on her face, I don't really know. What I do know is that I do get a deep sense of satisfaction at the end of the day, knowing that nat enjoyed herself during her day out with mummy :)




1 comment:

Blessed mum said...

about it too! it really looks fun!

what is more happier than hearing the laughter of your kid?!

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive