Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday, 11 August 2010

It has been a while since I blogged. Blogging is all about inspiration, some days, you just can't conjure up the energy to be enthusiastic about daily happenings in life. On other days, it flows in a continuous stream.


The kids are developing fast. Didi is officially in his terrible twos, throwing numerous tantrums a day, screaming, hitting his sister, climbing onto the kitchen counter top by stepping on the kitchen shelves and saying hi from that high vantage point (yes, we nearly had a heart attack!), coming to you with a sorrowful look and tear-stained face. Yet, he is the same boy who will come to you daily, put his face on your lap and say "wuv", the same boy who plucked some bougainvillas from the neighbours next door and gives it to mummy, and the same boy who says "sweet miss" (instead of sweet dreams) every night at bed time.



Nat is no longer a little baby, sometimes I feel she is so grown up. She is totally obsessed with lipsticks and nail polish (the irony is that mummy does not wear make-up much), princesses and barbie dolls. She loves reading (although I still think she is memorising most books) and interestingly, she will pick up my thick small-print novels and pretend to read it for hours. One day, I fell asleep with her doing that and when I woke up half an hour later, she was still "poring" over the book. Recently, I had slackened in my enthusiasm to teach her Mandarin and she came up to me indignantly the other day and said "Mummy, you have not been teaching me Chinese." Haha, who's the mum here? Anyway, I was glad to note that she has picked up some Mandarin from my earlier lessons with her. When we were in Orchard Road the other day, she pointed to a signage on a building and said "That's zhong1 xin1 (I can't seem to write any chinese characters here) and the other one says da4." At that moment, I was really proud of nat, she is actually absorbing what I teach her, instead of just purely memorising it. She kind of likes drawing as well and the picture above, which she vandalised my swing with is her version of a traffic light.

Some days, I think I am reaching a mini "mid-life" crisis here. Some days, I really adore my kids and just love them to bits. On other days, particularly when they are screaming the house down, I look at them and resent the fact that I am so totally bogged down with the responsibilities of parenting. But as always, the negative feelings pass and I end up feeling guilty for having such thoughts. Oh well, who said parenting is easy?



No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive