Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday, 11 November 2009

The frustration at work melts away when I am with my kids. I refuse to let any negative energy affect my happy time with them.

As parents, we also celebrate the small achievements of our kids. I was truly proud of nat today when I walked into the living room and lo and behold, she had done a 30-piece jigsaw puzzle by herself. For this particular puzzle, she usually needs my help as the colours are quite close in terms of shade and I always guide her. She shone with pride as I heaped lots of praises on her. Didi also surprises me every day, we were watching a cartoon which was showing a tiger, and I kept repeating the word to him. Suddenly, a small little voice said "tiger", softly but clearly. Although, he did not repeat it again, I am quite sure he said it. What a clever little man!

Today, I brought my kids to Botanic Gardens for a walk. Instead of our usual route near the Visitor Centre, we went to the other end, nearer to Jacob Ballas. My mum had brought them there before and they enjoyed themselves feeding the birds.

My conclusion: I don't like birds, not in a big group anyway. My kids and maid were totally unfazed by the hoards of birds, pigeons, swans and all manners of birds flying towards us, in search of the bread in our hands. This scaredy mum quickly gathered her brood and made a quick getaway to feed the fish and turtles instead. At least fish can't jump out of the water, or, can they?

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive