Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday, 15 November 2009


Remember nat's terrible twos phase? It did descend upon us at about 2 years of age. My baby boy, all of 14 months old, is reaching that stage. He cries and screams when he is unhappy, likes ultimate freedom to roam around and wants to be entertained constantly. He hates to be restricted, especially in his car seat. Everytime he has his temper outbursts, his sister will chide him in her grown-up voice, asking him not to be naughty and to behave so well, just like her. Amidst the noise, it is quite fun to watch them together. Lucas still adores his sister, always poking his nose into her business, especially when she is doing her jigsaws. However, I am proud to say my baby girl loves her brother too.

Just the other day, we were at one of those kiddy rides. I had only a dollar and the ride was meant for a solo driver. I explained to nat that didi wanted to ride on it, so could he have the ride on his own. Reluctantly, she agreed and without fuss.


Tantrums aside, my baby boy's personality is blossoming ever so nicely. He loves to dance and his favourite activity is dancing with his sister. He can dance to all tunes, especially nursery rhymes and will stand up and shake his butt. I really have to capture it in video some day. He now understands the concept of being praised and when I say "Clever Boy", he will clap his hands and look at me. He loves the song itsy bitsy spider, and especially loves the part when the poor little spider is washed out and he will splash his hands around in glee.

Over the weekend, we went about our outdoor adventures, the zoo, botanic and also a short trip to Orchard to enjoy the Christmas lights. The kids and even my maid had a blast. Normally, I do not "celebrate" Christmas in a big way, with a tree and all. However, this year, I wanted to do something different and make the experience more enjoyable for the kids, so I got us a tree from Giant (cheap and nice). My maid was rather excited, I think in Philippines, they celebrate Christmas in style, and she misses that, as she has been in Singapore for a few years already. Will take some nice pics when the house is all done up, with Christmas stockings and all.

At Botanic Gardens, we met my aunties who are frequent visitors to the park and the kids got the opportunity to play with Astro Boy. Nat used to have no fear of dogs when she was younger, just like lucas is now. However, at this age, she is a bit more scaredy, but she did like patting Astro. Thankfully, my kids are unlike me, who had an irrational fear of dogs when I was young.


Oh yes, please do check out nat's lovely skirt in the picture. I mentioned in previous posts that she is obsessed with having a tutu. We managed to dig out this skirt from her collection of clothes and told her it was a tutu. She loves it to bits and refuses to let us take it off. Interestingly, when I showed her a real tutu, you know the frilly kind, she politely thanked me and said she already had one.


No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive