Monday, September 07, 2009

Monday, 7 September 2009

Last week was a stressful week, with didi being sick with high fever. It took almost 3 days for his fever to come down and just when I thought things were normal, we spotted rashes on his body. My first thought was HFMD, but after calming myself down and a consultation with the pediatrician, we were relieved to find that it was roseola. Symptom is high fever followed by a rash. It's been a few days and his rashes have almost cleared. Thankfully he is back to his normal cheerful self.

Yesterday, we decided to bring the kids to SSO concert at the Botanical Gardens. It was super crowded but I was glad I made the trip. The kids had fun roaming around, kicking the ball, listening to the music in the background. The atmosphere was really nice and relaxing. Nat was rather finicky about the slightly wet grass and promptly planted herself on daddy's lap and refused to move much. Didi was off a-wandering, pleased with his newfound mobility.

Didi lucas is almost a year old and I noticed some changes in his personality. From a mild little baby, he is becoming real fiesty. He screams when he wants attention and refuses to be left in the cot or playpen. He can babble some words, mama dada, popo, pear pear, jiejie. He loves birds and cats and will point excitedly when he sees them in the neighbourhood. His favourite toy is the Little Tikes car which I bought for them recently at a steal. Sigh, I know it's indulgence, but these were things I desired when I was younger and if it's not too unreasonably priced, I do try to let the kids enjoy themselves.
Both didi and natalie have a new favourite TV programme called The Wiggles. They love the songs, particularly this one as well as this one. Gary and I have listened to the songs playing umpteenth times and seriously the tune keeps running through my head all day. But I do think it's not too bad, very catchy.
I am also proud of my baby girl, she is almost fully potty trained and willingly tells us when she needs to pee or poo. I am confident that in a few more months, she will be off diapers.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive