Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Being a mummy brings on lots of new emotions and feelings. Firstly, there is the feeling of guilt. Whenever you leave the house for an extended period, feelings of guilt start to creep in. What are the kids doing? Do they miss me? Can the maid cope? Should I be enjoying myself shopping? These are feelings that you have to manage when you leave the kids at home and decide to go dating with the spouse.

Today, at the playground, nat tried to hit another little girl (yet again). I got upset with her and scolded her. Thereafter, felt guilty. Am I a bad mummy for scolding her? What's the best way to teach her? Reasoning doesn't seem to work, yet scolding is not the solution. Letting her get away with bad behaviour just encourages worse behaviour from her. These days, she likes to smack didi lucas on the head, which always freaks me out. I read in a parenting book that one should treat your toddler like a little caveman, someone who doesn't really understand what is going on and cannot really be blamed for bad behaviour. Sometimes nat can be the sweetest little girl and on other days, she makes me feel as if I'm a bad mummy.

Sigh, whatever the case, I guess this is just a phase that we have to journey together. Give me patience ...!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive