Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday, 19 April 2009

We bought nat a new addition to her room - a big girl Dora bed just for her. She had been sleeping on the pull out mattress for a while, but I had recently been toying with the idea of buying a bed for her. The other day, when we were browsing around Plaza Singapura, I chanced upon this toddler bed and was immediately attracted to it. It even comes with a table, 2 stools and a toy organiser, very worth it. She loves her new bed and says goodnight to Dora before she sleeps now.


As nat grows, I realise she goes through different "tantrum" phases. Before, she used to scream at any and everything. These days, she screams less. Her new pet phrase is "Go away". When she is angry with you over something, she will ask you to go away. We are trying to teach her not to, but I guess it takes time. No point getting too angry or upset, like the screaming phase, I am sure this will pass. You just have to reinforce to her that it is wrong. We also taught her a way to manage her anger. When she is angry, we taught her to fold her arms, which tells us visually that she is angry, instead of having her scream away. She's learnt the art of doing this, and several times a day, you will find her folding her arms, pouting and telling you "I'm angry, I fold my arms and pout." At least, this way, we can quickly find out from her why she is angry or frustrated.

As for didi, he is getting to be a real charmer, always ready to give a smile. He loves attention and will always coo in appreciation when you play with him. He loves his sister and you can see his face light up when she decides to be loving and showers him with kisses. It's nice to see the two of them playing together.

We brought the kids swimming over the weekend. Didi lucas is such a water baby, he absolutely loves the water. He doesn't even mind the water splashing on his face and chuckles away. Swimming really tires the kids out and it's not even 9pm yet and both are fast asleep.

It's been a month or so since I moved didi lucas back to my room at night and it was the right decision. I enjoy looking at him sleep and have managed to pick up his quirks. When he stirs in the night, quickly get the milk ready for him and do a round of dreamfeeding. This is usually enough to keep him asleep instead of waking up in hunger. Other times when he does wake up, I usually just rock him back to sleep. I love it, although it does make me tired out at work sometimes.

I always remind gary, the kids are one of the greatest blessings in our lives and we must always keep that close to our hearts.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive