Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunday, 8 February 2009

They say that when the 2nd baby comes along, the first one will be neglected. Definitely a myth. In reality, your first baby is at an age when she can demand your attention constantly. When this happens, it is oft the second baby that gets neglected as he is usually satisfied once he has been fed. I sometimes feel very guilty for "neglecting" didi lucas. As he reaches 5 months old tomorrow, I sense that he is beginning to want more attention from me. So this weekend, I arranged for gary to spend some time with his firstborn, while I tromped off for a walk at the nearby park with didi, just him and me. It felt good, I sang to him, pointed out the birds and interesting sights along the way and after a while, lulled by the comfort of the sling, he fell asleep. Moving on, I think we will try to have such "solo" outings, once in a while, especially when both kids get older, it's good to spend some time alone, with either one of them.

Time seems to have just flown by in a flash, these past few years. We got married in 05, conceived nat in 06, had our first kid in 07 and our second in 08. From swinging singles, we have become parents of 2 beautiful kids. Every day is a learning experience for us as we spend time with our kids.

Happiness is:
When nat comes up to me, plants a big kiss on my lips and says I love you, Mummy.
When lucas wakes up, looks up at me with his sleepy eyes and gives me a bright smile.

I love my kids :)

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive