Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday, 7 February 2009

A Letter to My Sweetheart, Natalie

Dear baby,

Yesterday, at Julia Gabriel, you cried and cried. Somehow, you have become scared of going for classes there. I noticed this happened after the Chinese New Year class, when one of the teachers dressed up as a dancing lion for the occasion. During a certain segment of the class, the teachers will hide behind the door and re-appear as interesting animal characters, lions, monkeys, rabbits, etc with their headgear.

These days, whenever you see the teacher heading towards the door, you will start crying. For the life of me, I cannot imagine why? After all, I think the teachers do look kind of silly and really unscary. It was only later in the car, when I heard you mumbling to yourself the following, that I realised just how differently babies think, as compared to adults. You were quietly telling yourself "Lion hiding behind the door, no scared lion will mum mum you." Your super active imagination is running wild, with thoughts of big and fierce lions hiding behind the door, ever ready to pounce on you. It is no wonder you end up in tears. I guess mummy has to be patient and learn to get through this with you together.

During the class, the teacher will sit you down and read out some Chinese characters to you. In return, you've got to parrot what she reads and she will reward you with a sticker. You absolutely love this segment, and are always ever eager to lay your hands on the sticker. Interestingly, this is the only time you will allow the teachers to hug you and talk to you. Any other time, if they even try, you will let out a big wail.

Every day with you is different, darling. Some days you are so super well behaved, it surprises me. Other days, you whine at the drop of a pin. Yet through it all, you have taught me to have patience and the meaning of loving someone without condition. As I was telling my friend, I never realised parenting was so hard i.e it does not just come naturally the moment you become a mummy. But you know what, it's all worth it when I see my 2 kids, happy and healthy.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive