Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday, 15 January 2009

One fine day, I was feeling bored, so I asked nat what's her Daddy's name? Imagine my amazement when she looked at me and said "Gary". She must have learnt it from all the numerous times she has heard me call Gary, such little nuggets of knowledge she absorbs and secretly keeps it in her memory. Anyway, I have since taught her my name and even popo's name.

Since starting Mandarin Playclub at Julia Gabriel, I have also started speaking in Mandarin more to nat, I think it is quite important to get her used to the language. At least, when you talk to her, she does not look at you as if you are talking a foreign language. In fact, with the right motivation, like a sweet, she will even repeat the Mandarin word for you over and over again.
I taught her this very cute rhyme about frogs.

一只青蛙,一张嘴两只眼睛,四条腿扑通一声,跳下水。。。
Just one minor problem, her one frog always has 八条腿 , I dunno why ... sigh ... is she destined to be bad at maths like me? haha!

Toddlers like nat also have the strangest ways of expressing themselves. Just before she goes to bed, she will make her daily request "Mummy, sleep me", for those who cannot decipher what it means, it translates to, "Mummy could you sleep with me?" Another interesting request - when you play a song on the music CD which she likes, she will ask for a repeat of that particular song by saying "Some more song", again, for he/she who cannot decipher the code, it just means that she wants some more of that same song.


Didi lucas is flipping left, right, centre. He flips when he is changing, he flips when is resting, he flips all the time. Put him in one corner of the cot and come back minutes later, you'll find him at the other end. But he really is getting cuter by the day. He has started sitting in the Bumbo chair a few minutes a day, seems to enjoy it. He is also drooling a lot, I suspect he is starting to teeth already, but I dun spy any white pearlies yet.




No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive