Thursday, January 01, 2009

Thursday, 1 January 2009

A rather quiet New Year we had today, started the day with breakfast, some light shopping stocking up on baby wipes and stuff (oh yes, daddy bought a super expensive pillow, tsk tsk!) and spent the rest of the day chilling at home. A peaceful day and hopefully a good start to 2009 for our family.


2008 has passed by in a flash. Spent most of it with didi lucas in my tummy, it was a great feeling and as every preggy mummy will tell you, after they are born, you will ironically miss those days.

2008 marked many milestones for nat as well. She started walking, then running, talking (non-stop), throwing tantrums and even having adult-like conversations with us. While sometimes you feel like throwing up your arms in frustration at her antics, at the end of the day, she is still our sweetheart. One new year resolution that gary and i are determined to keep to in 2009 is to instil some discipline in her. No more throwing herself on the floor of shopping centres, no more squirming out of the stroller and shouting "help, help" when we try to restrain her from knocking over breakables in the shopping malls. Cute as our darling may be, this is the age when some discipline is needed or else she could turn out to be a brat when she gets older.

In 2009, nat will continue with her swim class and begin Mandarin classes at the Julia Gabriel Playclub. I look forward to spending more time with my firstborn as she seems to be growing up oh so fast.


Didi lucas is now 3 months old and is getting to be a real charmer. Every morning, he smiles happily when you say good morning to him and coos so very excitedly whenever you pay him some attention. He is still on total breastmilk feeding, something which I am very proud of and I do hope that I can continue providing this to him for at least 6 months. While the experiences with didi is unlike what we went through with nat, as she is our firstborn, nontheless, it has been a wonderful experience. I love holding him in my arms and when he looks adoringly at you, you can't help but plant a big kiss on his chubby cheeks.

Finally, 2008 has been an "emotional" year for gary and me. During my pregnancy, I was always getting moody, grouchy and even after birth, there were times I could not control my emotions well. I am happy to have gary there for me, and grouchy as I may be, I appreciate all that he has done. While we may not be the lovey dovey lovebirds that we had started out as during our courtship years in junior college, I believe the love between us will be able to stand the test of time.

In 2009, we will both work hard to make our relationship even better and happier. After all, I strongly believe that when daddy and mummy are happy, the family unit will naturally be a happy one, with well-adjusted kids.

Have a great 2009, and I hope we do too!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive