Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday, 28 December 2008

I am glad that I have instilled in nat a love for books. Her bedtime ritual involves me reading to her the favourite bed time stories before she is off to bed. Everyday, she surprises me and it's really amazing just how fast children learn. I think some time back, I blogged about this Chinese reader on spiders that I have been reading to her. She really enjoys it and can now articulate various insect names in Mandarin, her favourite being the cockroach... Eww! As for English readers, her favourite is still Eric Carle's A Very Hungry Caterpillar. Just this morning, I was reading to her again, when she suddenly took the book over from me and read a whole sentence. I was totally shocked and quickly asked Gary to come over and listen ... sigh ... she did not want to repeat the sentence again. I was asking Gary if she really did read the sentence using phonics or if it was based on memory. Gary thinks it's the latter.

While I do not have so many interesting stories of didi lucas, he is still my little sweetheart. His daily chuckles and laughs always melt my heart. Recently, he has been trying to flip, no success yet, but he's getting there. Try harder my little man, mummy's rooting for you :)


No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive