Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday, 18 November 2008

It's official, my baby nat has reached the terrible twos at the age of 21 months old. She screams, kicks, bites, scratches and throws tantrums up to 10 times a day. Naughty things she likes to do include: switching the TV on and off, climbing on the chair to tap at the computer, playing with the telephone etc. If you stop her from doing these things, immediately, she throws herself on the ground and gets into one of her crying tantrums. I've been wondering what to do? Scold her? Ignore her? Reason with her? I do hope this is just a phase she is going through. After all, I told myself I would not want my kid to be throwing themselves on the floor in public places throwing a tantrum, yet this is precisely what nat is doing. Maybe I should follow Super Nanny and try the "naughty corner" theory.

I sometimes find myself getting frustrated and losing my temper at nat, which is something I shouldn't do. At the end of the day, as I look on at my sleeping baby, all frustrations melt away and I remind myself just how much I love her.

On a more interesting note, I finally bought a table and chair set for nat. She has been sprawling on the floor while drawing and I thought that it is high time she got a proper "work" area. So this evening, I was assembling the table and chair for her. Being highly curious, she joined me. Look at the pic and admire her work of art. I was quite impressed that she even managed to put fit the screws and washers in the holes.

Nat has been continuing her swimming lessons and I'm really proud of her. She can hold her breathe for a few seconds underwater and can even blow bubbles. She really enjoys swimming, which is rather odd, considering she is always protesting during her bath time. Anywayz, check out her funky new hairstyle, courtesy of my mum ... haha ... this is called the bowl hair cut.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive