Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday, 29 February 2008

Thought it would be meaningful to make an entry on this date, since it comes about only once every 4 years. Anywayz, some updates on my baby's developmental milestones.

1. Nat is officially a toddler. What this means is she "toddles" everywhere, somewhat like a little robot, with both her hands flapping at the sides for balance. She's really quite cute when she does that.

2. For the longest time, I was wondering why nat refused to take her solid food i.e porridge or rice. Had me rather worried for a while. Then I brought her to the paediatrician who enlightened me. We had been feeding her milk every 3-4 hourly just like when she was a baby. Look at it this way, if I were shoving 180ml of milk into your throat every 3 hours, I seriously doubt you would feel like eating anything during meal time. I'm glad to report that with some slight adjustments in her milk intake, she is taking her solids once again.

3. Nat is now familiar with the following words:
ball, cat, dog, rabbit, mouse, umbrella, shoes,fish

When I ask her what happens if a cat comes along, she will immediately pat her chest indicating she is scared ... haha ... something interesting I taught her some time back. In fact, if i ask her wat happens if mummy's scared, she will quickly pat my chest as well before giggling away. We do this every day, gets me laughing and she seems to enjoy it.

I'm also teaching her some parts of the human anatomy ... haha ... so far, I've only had success with the 'ear' and she is able to point to her ear when I ask her where it is.

It's been a great 1 year with my baby. Some days, I wonder how I ended up with this little bean that is so dependent on me and I have no more freedom to just take off somewhere to have fun with gary. But these are rare moments. Most days, I thank God for this little blessing in my life.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers