Sunday, January 27, 2008

Saturday was not a particularly great day for me. We were in a hawker centre and as usual, nat was fretting while I tried to pacify her. When the maid took over, she was all smiles ... sigh I thought I had already got used to this ... but I guess not. To add salt to wound, some kapo uncle standing nearby thought he would give me his so very insightful view that "Your kid seems to like the maid better." I gave him a good glare and he shut up.

When I got home, I was in a rather depressed mood. The more I looked at nat, the more irritated I got, why can't she recognise who is her mummy, and after all the sleepless nights and sacrifices I had made for her. For the rest of the night, I pretty much ignored her and poor daddy had to take over and pacify her.

When I awoke on Sunday, I was glad that the feelings of resentment had disappeared. After all, nat's just a baby and she really is not aware of what's going on. If the maid is her primary care giver, of course she expresses preferences for her. I told myself I will try to control my emotions better and not let jealousy get in the way. But I guess it's easier said than done. But I'll try ...

On a happier note, we brought Nat for her weekly walk at the Botanic Gardens. This time round, she really is learning to "walk". I think that at home, she is not so confident of walking without support, for fear of falling on the hard ground. But on the grass patch, she really is a lot more eager to walk. My clever little bud is really quite cute ... while walking ... if at any time she feels insecure, she'll quickly plop her little butt on the ground, to lower the centre of gravity.

I love nat and no matter how my emotions may go awry sometimes, I will still love my baby.


No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive