Sunday, May 13, 2012

Getting old

The 20s seemed to have breezed by and we are already in our 30s. 30s brings a lot of new reflections in life. You have a brood of young ones to look after, older parents to worry about, and suddenly one feels lots of responsibilities.

I have been thinking a lot about 2 things recently. Firstly, about helping others. The other day, I saw a TV show about a man who did volunteer work delivering food to needy old people. It struck a chord in me and in the last half a year,  I have roped in Gary to help me with volunteering, once a month. As you go about being absorbed in your daily life, you don't realise just how blessed you until you see these lonely old people in their small and dark little homes. Is this something I would have done when I was younger? I don't know, but what I do know is that down the road, I hope to bring my children with me when I do volunteering, so that they can see for themselves that life does not just revolve around oneself and new toys only.
The other thing that I have been toying with is renewing my interest in music. My mum started me on music lessons (organ) when I was young and although I have not become a great concert organist, I have learnt to appreciate music better. It is also very therapeutic and I remember the hours my mum and I spent on Saturday mornings playing songs at the organ. Nat has recently started piano lessons and practising with her has re-sparked my own interest.As for Lucas, I did bring him for a trial violin class and he seemed to like it :) so I may start him on that later in the year.

I printed the piano sheet of a song that I like and I hope to practise and learn to play it well in maybe half a year. That would be a good personal achievement for me.  Music to me is something that is good to learn at a young age, it helps one calm down and relax and appreciate music. Whether they decide to pursue it down the road would be really up to them and I will support them, whatever their decision.

1 comment:

Cheekiemonkies said...

Hihi,

Remember you had entered a giveaway at my blog, Cheekiemonkies?

Congratulations! You have won a free trial lesson to PerchingKids!

Please email me at kelvin@cheekiemonkie.net so that I can send you the vouchers.

Thanks! :)

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers