Monday, July 04, 2011

One of the things that change when you become a parent is how you think about the future. For Wei that means squirreling away for all manner of reasons from education to travel, and doing copious amounts of research on good classes from tennis to abacus to swimming, interesting activity lessons, and assorted thigamajigs/widgets/gizmos that may prove useful when the kids get older.

I'd like to think I plan a bit more pleasurably, and for the longer term :)

An interesting quest that I've been on is birthyear wines. Starting with Nat I have accumulated a number of top-notch 2007 wines that will bear significant ageing and will taste superb at her 21st birthday celebration. It was not a particularly exciting vintage in Bordeaux, so I went for German Rieslings and some Burgundy. This practice became full-blown with Lucas when I invested in a range of 2008 Bordeaux First Growths which have reaped significant gains. So I hope Lucas likes red wine! The 2011 vintage has yet to be harvested but I am already thinking of what to buy for Sam. She looks like she will like sweet wines, so I might go with Sauternes if it turns out to be a great vintage, or alternatively Tokaj or Trockenbeerenauslese. We shall see.

Just don't forget to include Daddy when it comes to finally drinking up!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers