Friday, May 20, 2011





I have become rather "domesticated" of late. By this I mean I like to go to the wet market for fresh food, love to browse the supermarket and a recent obsession, sewing. Yes, me, who has almost always nearly failed home economics in secondary school. Yet, there you have it, I have been bent over these few nights, labouring over the sewing machine, churning out pouches and pillow cases for my kids. It all started when I saw these lovely bags to keep diapers and stuff being sold on the web. I thought to myself, so expensive, I could do it myself and it would be way cheaper. So, I ventured to surf the net for some instructions, made my merry little way to Spotlight and Plaza Singapura, lugged my mum's sewing machine home and I was on my way. I have got the hang of it already, after one week. The finished product is not the most professional looking one, with seams showing and stuff but hey, that needs more practice. Meanwhile, here's one of the pouches I churned out yesterday. Applause, anyone?

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers