Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday, 25 February 2010

These days, I deal with tantrums on a daily basis. I feel as if the Sydney trip kind of triggered the emotions in my 2 babies. Lucas has realised that screaming gets him the attention he desires. This boy has really good stamina, just today, he tried to take a swipe at me, I glared and him and told him sternly no. Oh ... the floodgates opened ... he cried and screamed and kicked. I quickly placed him in the playpen, where he couldn't hurt himself, and ignored his crying. It is very interesting, just hide and observe him, you will find that he looks around in the midst of crying to see if anyone is looking (and to take a breather). If he spies you looking at him, off he goes again, if not, the crying reduces to a whimper. When he finally calmed down, after about half an hour, I sat down and read a book with him and he was totally fine, oblivious to his terrible crying tantrum that had just passed.

As for nat, these days, it is just a contest of wills. She wants something, I tell her no, she gets angry, becomes rude, gets scolded ... blah blah blah ... the cycle goes on. I am trying out the naughty chair method, works sometimes, but not all the time.

I know this is just a phase, but sometimes, it gets really frustrating. But I always think to myself, better to go through this now, then to have 2 rude and bratty kids/tweens on hand later. So wish me good luck and grant me patience, please.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive