Sunday, May 17, 2009

Day 2 - Melbourne-Blairgowrie
Started off the day at Queen Victoria Market. This is a very interesting market, divided into different sections such as pastries/breads, seafood, general goods (a bit like our pasar malam). gary and i grabbed a yummy salmon sandwich and latte while nat enjoyed her lollipop. This trip, she has somehow managed to con mummy into feeding her quite a few lollipops. In fact, when she went home, she proudly declared to our maid that mummy had given her lots of candy.


Thereafter, we made our way to the Collingwood Children's farm. Nature has been a very strong focus of our trip and I am glad that it is something nat enjoys so much. My baby has no fear of animals, in fact, I was just telling gary that as I grow older I have become more of a scaredy cat, while nat is the brave one. The highlight of the farm visit was the opportunity for nat to get up close to the animals. As usual, the sun shone brightly and the weather was cool. Armed with a bag of feed, we ventured into an enclosed pen filled with goats and sheep. The goats went wild when they saw us approach with the feed. The black one jumped on gary and his butt bumped nat onto the grass but nothing could deter my baby from her task of feeding the goats. I was kind of freaked out and stayed in the background taking pics. The sheep were much milder and I prefered to feed them instead. We didn't dally long at the horse pen as nat was scared.

[The goats must have made an impact on her. After we got home, she went around dramatically telling anyone who would listen about how the naughty black goat pushed her to the ground.]


One thing that I must comment on is that the toilets in Melbourne are very clean, from those found in the city, to the farm and even those at the wineries. It really made life a lot easier for me to change nat's diapers or to bring her to the toilet. nat was very co-operative and managed to tell me when she needed to poo so I whisked her to the toilet on quite a few occasions and we managed to conduct some form of semi-potty training, much to my amazement.

After the farm, we continued on our journey towards Blairgowrie, Mornington Peninsula. Our accomodation was fantastic. We stayed at a 3-storey beach bungalow called the Quarterdeck Clifftop. It has everything one needs for a perfect stay. 4 bedrooms, an outdoor spa, outdoor lounging and barbeque area, a fireplace, 2 telescopes to view the marina, a really nice masterbed room, television in every room, a fireplace, electric blanket (my fave) and a kitchen. We had a blast and I am really glad we spent 2 nights here! gary and i liked the super cosy and comfy master bedroom. The only drawback is that being this near to the beachfront, the nights can get really noisy with howling and gusty winds.


Most days in the afternoon, nat will get sleepy. She will declare to me that she is sleepy and proceed to fall asleep in the next 5 minutes. Sometimes I try to stop her from falling asleep, especially if it is too near meal times. She will look at me irritably and say "Mummy, don't disturb me! I'm sleeping." It always makes me laugh, looking at her she is still my small little baby and yet, one can have such adult-like conversations with her.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive