Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday, 12 June 2008

I'm quite curious. What is it about Flash Cards? Why do we have to flash it at lightning speed? Theoretically, wouldn't the kids absorb better if one slowly flashes the card and explains each card one by one? It baffles me, but I really don't have much time these days to do research into it.

Anyway, flash cards have become one of nat's favourite activities for the day. Every evening, when we reach home, I'll ask her to fetch the DIY cards which I've done up for her. I've managed to accumulate about 100 cards (about 10 themes). Interestingly, she actually enjoys it and when I'm done flashing the cards, she'll make me do it all over again.

There are 2 particular pet topics for her i.e Insects (don't know wat it is about spiders, cockroaches and beetles that turns her on, yuck!) and Things you wear (she gets really excited and keeps repeating the word "wear" when I get to this topic)

I'll try to add on 2-3 themes each week. Like when we had a trip to the zoo, i came back and did a topic on the zoo. At the end of the day, not sure if she's really learning anything but well, as long as she enjoys herself, I'm happy.

As nat reaches 16 months old, she's also getting a very feisty personality. She has no qualms about showing her temper when she doesn't get what she wants, and recently she has got into a habit of hitting other kids. I don't think she really means it, I think she's just trying to hug them but she can't really control so she ends up looking like she's trying to hit them instead. I'm wondering what to do? I do think I need to discipline her a little, my greatest fear in life is that she ends up being one of those brats that goes around being rude and rowdy, and worst of all, their parents actually think they are being cute. But I also do think that scolding is not the solution as she is really too young to understand.

Anywayz, I'll trudge along and see how it goes.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive