Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tuesday, 21 September 2010

Bedroom adventures with the kids. Last night, I had such a hard time putting the kids to bed.

8pm: I thought that was a decent time for bed, so made their bottles of milk and shooed them off to bed. Did some light reading with them till 8:30pm.

8:30pm: Lights off! But the kids were still too hyped up, kept talking and talking even though I told them sternly that it was time for bed.

9:00pm: They were still not asleep but I figured that if I got out of the room and closed the door, they would soon get tired and fall asleep on their own, haha, so naive.

9:10pm: Lucas trots out of the room declaring that he needs the potty, nat follows close behind him. Only one potty to share between the two of them, how? Nat used the portable potty while I held Lucas on the toilet bowl. Nat has issues using the toilet bowl when she is reading her Archie comic, because she needs her hands free to hold the book and can't steady herself on the toilet bowl.

9:30pm: We are finally done with the toileting needs. This time round, I separate the 2, nat sleeps in her own room, while Lucas sleeps in my room. Both pretend to sleep on their beds, the moment I get out of the room, I hear the little pitter patter of footsteps and they are sneaking out of their individual rooms. They catch me having a biscuit for supper and demand a piece each. Haha, these two really make me laugh :) I admit I was a little sheepish at being caught by them while being greedy.

10:00pm: Lucas insists on going back to the room to sleep with his sister. He ends up falling asleep on nat's bed, I chit chat with nat for a bit before she falls asleep as well. Phew! What a night.

My best memories for the night was when we were lying in the dark in bed and both babies smothered me with big wet kisses. Such beautiful memories and experiences make all the frustration worth it.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive