Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, 23 September 2010

With my maid on overseas leave, I have been home with the kids, mostly 24/7. I must say it's not been as stressful as I initially thought and in fact there are beautiful moments that I really enjoy.

1. Time to spend one-on-one with both kids respectively. When nat is in school, I spend the whole morning with lucas. Some mornings are spent at enrichment class where he always has a good time. In fact, today the topic was on turtles and luke was totally intrigued by the turtles crawling in the tank. He is speaking a lot more and surprises me every day with words he knows. I also spend more time with nat in the afternoon, after our nap, we have time to do phonics and Chinese lessons. Normally, after work, I am so wiped out that I often forget about her lessons.

2. After a few nights, I have got the hang of their sleep time routine. Although they do not sleep like clockwork at 8:30pm, I no longer feel so irritated. We spend a longer time poring over books and switch off the light and chit chat till one of them or mummy falls asleep first. I am so proud of my kids, they can actually sleep by themselves in the room and do not need me there to accompany them the whole night.

3. With longer hours spent at my mum's place, I have more time to chit chat with her, something I have always enjoyed doing since young.

Well, we are almost halfway through the first week, looking forward to the weekend when Gary will be at home to help me. As usual, we will probably do something really active, to tire both him and the kids out, haha!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive