Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, 13 June 2010


The week-long intensive tennis camp for nat ended on Friday. Both of us enjoyed it and what made it even nicer was that Gary managed to take Friday morning off to attend the last day of the camp with her. I had been sending him pics on the iphone all week, but even he agrees that it is different being there with her.

It's been a good holiday programme, nat definitely has ball sense and enjoys the game. I've picked up some coaching tips and games to play on the courts. We will definitely be playing tennis more often and will probably sign her up for another holiday programme in December. I am so proud of my little girl, she has focused well during the lesson and can hit a mean backstroke. While sitting by the sidelines watching her, I reminisced on the times when my mum taught me tennis, at a young age too. Doesn't seem like that long ago in my mind, but it's actually been more than 2 decades.


In the weekend, we went to the zoo and caught Dora and Diego on stage. Along the way, nat also got herself a little butterfly tatoo, which she was positively mesmerised with. The zoo was totally crowded, I couldn't believe the long queue of cars still incoming as we made our way out. It was a super hot and humid day and we were wiped just after an hour or so at the zoo. Check out didi's cool star wars storm trooper shirt, courtesy of daddy the star wars fan (You do realise that our kids are named after actors/actresses/characters in the show. Hmm ... does Yoda have a nice ring to it or Anakin, maybe? I personally like Leia)


Oh yes, while shopping at the mall yesterday, we chanced upon a Barbie fashion show thingey and stood around watching heavily made-up Barbie look-alike kids dancing on stage. That took like all of 3 minutes, before I got bored and herded the brood back to the car. When we got home, nat told me in all seriousness ,that she wanted to be Barbie and even showed me a few nifty moves that she had learnt from watching the dancers on stage. Then she went on to sing "I'm a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world ..." Oh man, she's too young to be into this. So, instead of encouraging her fascination with Barbie, I distracted her with a baseball bat and ball instead. Phew ... she took the bait!

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive