Thursday, February 15, 2007

my birth story
We arrived at Gleneagles at about 1:30pm, admission was pretty quick as we had already done all the pre-admission procedures. Proceeded to the labour ward where I was given a blue gown to wear and hooked up to the baby heartbeat monitor, which also measured the intensity of contractions. Didn't feel much pain, just minor cramping during contractions ... gary and I were bored ... so he went off to buy us some magazines.

3:30pm Dr Chua came along and broke the waterbag with this long sharp thingey ... looked kinda scary ... but well, it was over in a jiffy. I kinda like Dr Chua as a gynae, somehow she has a calming presence and I always feel quite confident and safe with her.

Things moved along pretty smoothly after tat. I was asked to move to another room ... the actual delivery room. This room was definitely more comfy, they had a nice pink chair for gary to lounge on.

anyway, the anaesthetist along came and did the epidural procedure for me. again, no pain. over the next few hours, cervix dilated ... and when Dr Chua came along in the evening/nite, it was time to push!

With the epidural, i really cd not feel much but I pushed with all my might and baby nat was born into this world on 5 Feburary 2007.

I feel really blessed that the pregnancy has been a smooth journey, the birth process has been relatively painless and our baby natalie is strong and healthy.

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blog Archive