Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday, 10 July 2010

Just the other evening, we caught sight of a beautiful rainbow in the sky. Every stared in awe at it, then nat turned to me and said " Mummy, why is there a rainbow?". Uh-oh! I was like totally blank for a minute, I know the answer right, or do I? Something about light and water and uh light ... haha ... at the moment, the only answer I could think of was "Uh, baby, did you know you can find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?" Phew, it worked and she was distracted.

Later, I googled to find an explanation for how a rainbow is formed. Basically, sunlight shines onto water droplets in the sky, forming a beautiful spectrum of colours through refraction. Hehe, for the record, when I did explain to nat, I kind of left out the word refraction. Hey, give this poor mum a break, it's the end of the work week and I am tired ... and I sure ain't got an explanation of the word "refraction".

No comments:

How old is Nat?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Lucas?

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

HOW OLD IS SAMANTHA?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers